Apply on-line in English at www.pmicareers.pl by 28.01.2018
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Are you self-motivated? Do you thrive in transformation projects? Are you enthusiastic about analytics and Big Data? Do you understand the importance and the power of analytics to become a data driven decision company? If yes, then this job is just for you.
We are currently hiring for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our Data Services team developing and operating our PMI Enterprise Data Platform. PMI Enterprise Data Platform is a strategic capability to drive new consumer insights, to improve consumer experience, to enable fast context-aware decision making and to optimize operations along the value chain. This role will be based at PMI Service Center Europe Sp. z o.o in the Information Services (IS) Department in Kraków, Poland.
Ideally, you have:
- Bechelor degree in computer science,
- At least one year of proven hands-on experience in supporting and developing Big Data productive platform,
- Experience in working in UNIX/Linux environments and scripting skills experience with Shell, Bash/Python,
- Knowledge of configuration management and automation frameworks such Ansible, Chef or Puppet, Salt,
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and technologies,
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem (i.e. HDFS, Knox, Zookeeper, Kafka, Spark, Hive)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery, automation, orchestration and virtualization tools such Jenkins, Docker, Terraform or similar tools,
- Experience with authentication and network technologies like Active Directory or LDAP, DNS, Consul, Haproxy or Nginx,
- Familiar with security concerns (i.e., server hardening, Kerberos, two factor authentication, SSL, VPN),
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems and redundancy, high-availability and performance optimizations,
As an asset:
- Experience working in agile environment using methodologies such Scrum or Kanban,
- You are curious and keen to learn and experiments with new technologies quickly,
- Knowledge of continuous deployment tools such Gradle or Maven,
- Experience in debugging java application.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Specifically, you will:
- Research, evaluate, and develop PMI Enterprise Data Platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges.
- Maintain, manage and deploy highly-available, auto-scaling, monitored systems and services as part of PMI Enterprise Data Platform
- Monitor overall platform performance, and make recommendations to improve and implement system-wide changes to enhance overall platform proficiency
- Build and maintain the automated DevOps toolchain, related processes and best practices
- Handle production support issues as they arise. Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform
- Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices
- Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform
- Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions
competitive salary and benefits
company kindergarten possibility
private medical and dental care, life insurance
subsidized meals in company restaurant
remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements
employee pension plan
holiday, cultural & Christmas bonus
wide range of trainings, optional language classes, further education and professional qualification support possibility
free bike and car parking for all employees
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide.
PMI SCE was established in late 2005 in Krakow and since then is increasingly serving PMI affiliates’ financial accounting, human resources (HR), Procurement and Information Services (IT) needs in Europe, Middle East and Africa.