- Carry out FEM simulations based on 2D/3D CAD models;
- Documentation of simulations results and suggestions for design improvement;
- Cooperation with international design teams for product design and optimization.
- MSc degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline;
- Experience in FEA (ABAQUS): static/dynamic, modal and seismic; ability to simulate large assemblies;
- Experience in CAD modeling (SolidWorks, Creo/Parametric): solid and surface modeling;
- Fundamentals of strength of materials – ability to perform hand calculations for basic structural members;
- Basic knowledge in area of electrical engineering (required to understand the ABB products specifications and design requirements);
- Ability to utilize standards e.g. IEC, IEEE, Eurocode;
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); emphasis on data processing in Excel;
- English language in writing and speaking in communicative level;
- Willingness to develop in new areas;
- Good networking and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well in team on specific tasks.
Additional (not required, but desired):
- Experience in road and sea transport simulations based on finite element method;
- Knowledge and experience in design and simulations of thermoplastic molded components;
- CAD/CAE software: HyperWorks, Creo/Simulate, SolidEdge, SpaceClaim;
- Programming skills: write macros/scripts in Python, Fortran subroutines for ABAQUS;
- Experience in development of electromechanical devices and components.
What we offer:
- Active participation in ABB global engineering projects;
- Possibility of getting familiar with new technologies;
- Various skills development;
- Participation in interdisciplinary team.
To apply for the position, please send your application in English via our page.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
We kindly ask you to include in the Curriculum Vitae the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Corporate Research Center located in Krakow is one of seven ABB research units in the world. Here we create innovative solutions for our products and systems. We are looking for Mechanical and Simulation Specialist to join our global simulation team collaborating with ABB units around the world. In this job you will be responsible for CAD design of power products as well as verification of designs and concepts using international standards and FEA.