Firma: ABB Business Services Sp. z o.o.
Miasto/Region:Kraków / małopolskie
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. One of our key ambitions is to get faster and leaner, and to move closer to the customer. Therefore we are consolidating our internal services into a world-class Global Business Services (GBS) organization, with the largest center located in Krakow. To strengthen our Finance team, we are looking for a Finance Team Lead General Accounting with strong working experience in leadership and Polish General Accounting process. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
Your main tasks are split into 5 areas which include:
• Leadership: you manage teams with focus on effective operational execution, responsible for the short to midterm operational and tactical team activities; define tasks to ensure delivery of services to assigned business partners in accordance with service level agreements; fully manage human resource planning, selection, development and periodic performance review of team members and create learning atmosphere among team members and encourage others along with self to keep updated with industry best practices and updates
• Operations tasks: you support overall financial statement preparation by leading a team that executes accurate and timely completion of accounting activities in compliance with internal guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements; conduct investigations and reconciliations of accounts as necessary; perform general accounting activities, applying techniques and standards to solve unusual issues and serves as escalation point for complex accounting transactions;
• Stakeholder Management: you ensure a positive working relationship within the team and with external customers by measuring customer/ employee satisfaction and developing on them; define tasks to ensure delivery of services to assigned business partners in accordance with service level agreements
• Continuous improvements: you identify, recommend and assist in implementation of best practices to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains; participate/lead projects that could optimize the process across the region/global
• Chief Accountant experience: you ensure correct and timely preparation of the Company’s financial statements and other obligatory statements required by law or Company’s standards;
cooperate with the internal audit in respect of processes or operating activities covering issues which affect financial statements; organise the preparation, approval, evaluation and verification of documents in a manner ensuring proper course and completion of business operations; coordinate the financial and accounting audit process; supervise timely and correct preparation of reports addressed to the following: Central Statistical Office, National Bank of Poland, Ministry of State Treasury, Internal Revenue Office, Customs Office; ensure correct, timely and optimum settlement of taxes; ensure correct and timely cost accounting; implement policies relating to provisions; and allocates costs.
In line with the above, operational and process development are always at the top of the agenda. At GBS, you can count on great chances of being part of, and contributing to, an even better and more effective organization. You will be part of a General Accounting team so cooperation and planning is important.
• Experience: minimum 6 years of experience in international Finance function; at least 3 years in a role relevant to General Accounting/Chief Accountant position, Knowledge of Polish Accounting Regulations and US GAAP; experience in managing a team directly for at least 2 years; demonstrate proficiency in the domain of General Accounting and thorough understanding of financial accounting and reporting areas; experience in Finance Shared Services for a Global Company a strong plus
• Education: completed degree in higher education in Finance or Commerce (BA); Master or postgraduate studies in Finance a strong plus; Charted Accountant qualifications a strong plus
• Language skills: proficient in business English and Polish
• Soft skills: excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent team handling and delegations skills; collaborative and conflict resolving approach to stakeholder management; customer service orientation
• Technical skills: excellent user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills; strong analytical skills; ERP experience is a must
• Ability to: prioritize, multi-task and handle different initiatives concurrently; create learning atmosphere among team members; create and leverage networks within the organization
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next Polish Finance Team Lead General Accounting.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
If your application is convincing, you can expect to hear from us within 1 month.