Power Systems Planning and Analysis Expert
Firma: ABB SP. Z O.O.
Miasto/Region:Kraków / małopolskie
The role is accountable for the following activities:
- Execute and manage projects through teamwork;
- Willing to share the knowledge with less experience colleagues;
- Working with advanced mathematical calculations (e.g. LP/MIP) related to power systems engineering and simulation analytics;
- Analyzing business requirements and translate into technical designs;
- Preparing technical documentation.
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, Power Electronics, Energy Engineering or related field;
- 3+ years related experience;
- Expert in the area of static analyses of load flow, optimal power flow, short-circuit calculation, contingency analysis, voltage stability;
- Experience in dynamic programming (DP), linear programming (LP) and mixed-integer programming (MIP), solving very large problems involving hundreds of thousands of variables and constraints;
- Willingness to develop C++/C/MATLAB/Python skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (fluent in English).
- Expertise in methods applied for power systems operation planning and optimization in topics such as unit commitment, cost and loss reduction, energy security;
- Experience in power systems development planning including the impact of energy mix with large scale penetration of renewables;
- Familiar with electrical energy market regulations;
- Practical knowledge of methods applied for long- and short-term forecasting in terms of power system operation (e.g. energy demand);
- Experience in decomposition techniques for reducing ver large problems e.g. Lagrangian Relaxation, column generation, etc.;
- Knowledge of optimization tools such as Ampl, CPLEX, GAMS, Xpress or similar.
- Work in innovative projects, in modern technologies, realized from the very concept to the final deployment;
- Unique possibility of newest technologies’ evaluation and realization of your own concepts;
- Being a part of project groups formed out of world-class power engineering, programming and automation experts;
- Possibility to develop skills and continuously improve qualifications in different areas; possibility to gain multidisciplinary competences;
- A cooperative, international team, great atmosphere and friendly work environment;
- Stable employment and attractive remuneration conditions;
- Rich benefits set (private medical service, also for the family members, life insurance, Multisport) and… a great terrace with the view to Wawel;
- Flexible working hours.
To apply for the position, please send your application Curriculum Vitae
and Cover Letter via this page or using button under the advert.
Do you want to see how it really is here? Have a look:
The role of the power systems engineer is to provide top level expertise in area of the power systems planning and analyses. The key activities will be focused on working with large scale optimization problems that concern power systems operation and development. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys working with business-oriented development team, someone who is flexible, team focused, easy to work with and an excellent communicator.