R&D Applied Mathematician: Data Modelling/Forecasting
Firma: ABB Sp. z o.o.
Miasto/Region:Kraków / małopolskie
- Working with advanced mathematical and statistical calculations related to power systems engineering and data analytics;
- Statistical analysis, statistical and econometrical modelling, forecasting and classification;
- Creating technical designs and modelling algorithms for new functionality;
- Analysing business requirements and translate into technical designs;
- Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering or related field;
- Knowledge and experience in area of statistical analysis, data preparation, forecasting and classification, machine learning, data mining;
- Knowledge and experience in area: python, R, Excel (VBA is necessary); nice to have SQL and/or Matlab;
- Ability to read and write technical documentation;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (fluent in English).
- Work in innovative projects, in modern technologies, realized from the very concept to the final deployment;
- Unique possibility of newest technologies’ evaluation and realization of your own concepts;
- Being a part of project groups formed out of world-class power engineering, programming and automation experts;
- Possibility to develop skills and continuously improve qualifications in different areas; possibility to gain multidisciplinary competences;
- A cooperative, international team, great atmosphere and friendly work environment;
- Stable employment and attractive remuneration conditions;
- Rich benefits set (private medical service, also for the family members, life insurance, Multisport) and… a great terrace with the view to Wawel ;) ;
- Flexible working hours.
Do you want to see how it really is here? Have a look:
Corporate Research Center located in Krakow is one of seven ABB research units in the world. Here we create innovative solutions for our products and systems. The candidate on this position will be primarily responsible for development of algorithms used in data analyses applied e.g. for time series forecasting. Additionally using a strong mathematical background, the specialist will be involved in research on new methods and models that can be applied for e.g. long horizon forecasting and assets lifetime estimation. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys working with business-oriented development team, someone who is flexible team focused, easy to work with and an excellent communicator.