About the role:
As the Merchandise Manager you will be responsible for leading the strategy and direction for merchandise planning to maximize sales opportunities for Central Europe. This includes the creation of merchandise planning, inventory allocation initiatives, and developing strategies and processes to maximize sales turnover while ensuring representation of the company’s overall image.
More specifically, you will:
- Build, analyze and adjust financial sales strategies, gross margin, and sales plans for multiple categories on a seasonal basis;
- Manage and plan merchandise sales, create allocation strategies, incorporate the merchandise plan and flow strategy to meet store inventory needs;
- Detect and analyze seasonal trends and react to the market and optimize purchase planning and stock ratios;
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that sales are optimized, directs the Planner to measure allocation effectiveness and supervises analysis pertaining to size selling;
- Review transfer initiation requests and monitors merchandise transfers and locator activity;
- Identify Open-To-Buy quarterly trends and direction and review actual to planned receipt performance;
- Participate in the development and monitoring of inventory exit strategies;
- Review advertising and marketing plans and participate in reviewing advertising effectiveness analysis.