APreferred by Nature (also known as Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 260+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are looking to fill a new position of Head of IT and Technology in our NGO. Your main goal will be to unite and lead IT and Salesforce specialists into one global technology team. For this role, you will need to have a good technical overview of the systems and solutions as well as work directly on some areas.
This will be a fantastic opportunity to lead and implement different IT development projects and activities, and you will become a key senior position in our company.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage, coordinate and prioritise IT and technology-related innovation and development projects and activities.
- Key project development areas will be: increased use of GIS, remote sensing, smart use of data, data exchange with external databases, blockchain or other for product tracking, managing public databases of supply chain risks, etc.
- Lead, inspire, coordinate, manage and unite the technical team consisting of the Salesforce focused team, IT team and website team.
- Manage the Preferred by Nature IT and technological infrastructure together with the team. This includes Salesforce-based CRM platform, software subscriptions (mostly SAAS solutions), hardware such as laptops, mobile phones, internal communication, and various learning systems (in addition to the core Salesforce platform).
- Take responsibility for implementing the strategic objectives in Preferred by Nature 2025 strategy related to technology and technical innovation.
- Ensure coordination and consultation with various Preferred by Nature divisions, units and teams related to the work of the technology team.
- Ensure ongoing and efficient IT support for all Preferred by Nature staff and optimal technical support for the Preferred by Nature website and manage related developments and improvements.
- Good general understanding and awareness of contemporary IT and technological solutions and possibilities.
- At least 3 years’ experience with supervising people in a managerial or leadership position.
- Experience with managing IT and technology-related development projects.
- Experience with databases, database management and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in the area related to data management, IT, or computer sciences.
- Minimum 7 years of prior work experience in a role relevant to this position.
- Fluent in English, additional languages are an advantage.
- Prior knowledge and experience with the Salesforce platform is an advantage.
- Understanding and experience with GIS systems, remote sensing or other geospatial data, solutions or platforms is an advantage.
- You have a passion for people, nature, and climate.
- You are an experienced manager, and you can motivate, unite and bring different people together to work on common goals.
- You have a strategic and analytical approach. You have the ability and desire to see the big picture and link different components together for the best outcome.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated and able to work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and a team.
- You have a high level of self-discipline, and you can organise and manage time and tasks.
- You are a constructive team player with an open attitude and a good ability to work with people from many different cultures and backgrounds. The current team is multicultural and from various regions globally.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Director of Strategy and Innovations, based in Estonia.
- Working location: one of the Preferred by Natures offices in one of these locations (Estonia, India - Bangalore, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, or Vietnam). Working from home can be discussed depending on location and practicalities.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organization with a mission-driven work atmosphere.
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Potential future international travel opportunities.
- All employees are members of the organization and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 17th June 2021 via the Preferred by Nature website: https://preferredbynature.org/about-us/careers
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Hando Hain, Director of Strategy and Innovations, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tereza Bezecna, Senior HR for Europe and Russia, email: email@example.com
Would you like to join a market leading international organisation that ensures responsible use of natural resources worldwide? Preferred by Nature is currently looking for a